Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Little Googie on The Prairie



Driving through the extremely rural, desolate, nearly abandoned town of Savoy, Arkansas I saw these ruins sitting in a field with a barn in the background. There was a large gate with a crackled driveway that lead the structure. At first I thought maybe it had been part of a gas station but I saw no place for pumps or a pull-thru so I suppose it's just the left-over carport of what must of at one time been the most modern house in Savoy... or at least it's carport was. Wish it was at my house, I'd have it painted turquise and orange and all spiffed up for outdoor dining. Gull-wings AWAY!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a neat place! I couldn't have passed by without stopping either. I'd love to have the carport at my house, too! I've always been drawn to old home sites like that; can't help but wonder about the people who lived there and the lives they lived.

Mary

Ronnie said...

Elissa, I FINALLY made it here to this site. You have made it an interesting place to visit. I love this photo.

Unknown said...

Savoy isn't near abandoned its full of people. It's just a chosen community cuz we hate big towns. And the car port couldn't be used for dinning its in the middle of a hay field. And it was just a old run down rent house nothing special at all. And it's wasn't near the most modern house in savoy just because we live in the country doesn't mean we don't have nice things there are people living in savoy with nicer houses than half the people in northwest Arkansas. It amazes me how easily people can twist things in their hopeful imagination. It's nothing special and the house was actually rather crappy. Had bats in it