Sunday, June 24, 2007

First Post


5 active years on Live Journal then onto You Tube a year ago where I am slowly becoming one of the "in-crowd" (don't ask me, I'm a nerd and a loner and never understand how I become a member of anything let alone the in-crowd!) and now here I am finally getting a blogspot!

While Googling everything under the sun I tend to find a great deal of it covered by blogspot users and it just seems like a cool place to share my heart's desires (crafts, art, retro,vintage, ephemera etc) and latest obsessions.

So just a "hi" and self-welcome to myself and a "w00t" for my tendency to be repeatedly redundant again. :P

Here's a little something for you, one of the records albums I picked up over the weekend, actually it's a 78rpm record set which I can't play on my current turntable but with cover art like this... I can deal with it!

2 comments:

Elabeth said...

Welcome to blogger! I use my blogger blog to talk about knitting stuff. You're right, it is not networky like LJ or Myspace. There is no "friending" of people or anything like that here. The easiest way to get people reading and commenting on your blog is to set up a blogroll there in your sidebar. Link to other blogs (blogger and typepad etc.) and sites that you like. Those people will see traffic coming from your blog and come back here. Also, leave comments on other people's blogs which will link to your account. You'll get readers who subscribe through Google Reader and Bloglines too. I love the stuff you've posted here so far, so I'm adding you to my google reader list. :)

TushyGalore said...

Thanks muchly. I'm butt-ignorant about how this one works. I think I'm happy that it's not all networky, I just want to express myself a little and show junk.
I've got a bunch of other people's blogs bookmarked so I'll move them over to here in the blogroll too.
Very neat!
-E-